Sunday, October 18, 2009

Smiths Sisters

Yesterday I was on the phone with my sister and I was comparing something to a Smith's song.

I said, "Oh, it's like Morrissey says about leather."
And she replied, "Why pamper life's complexity when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat?"

So I shouted in the street, "YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES."

My sister and I are really well matched. I have been playing Suzette's Great Mishearing Game for most of my life and I prefer a lot of my own lyrics. One of my favorite mishearings is in Stretch Out and Wait. Morrissey sings, "God, how sex implores you," but I think it sounds like, "God has sex and calls you."

The latter just says more to me about my life.

1 comment:

Cari said...

http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2009/09/29/having-no-fun-in-sweden/

I recognize that hooded head anywhere.